Length: 6-10 min.
4, 5, 6, 7, 8
The E Connection involves the issues of Earth, Energy, Environment, Ecology and Exploration for Everyone. Produced by the producers of Newton’s Apple. This series focuses on environmental sustainability issues such as: air & water quality; recycling; energy use and how technological advances can help the environment.
The E Connection series emphasizes Minnesota issues, but is designed to complement all middle school environmental science curriculum, including, earth science and physical science. The modules are complemented by lesson plans with science activities for easy in-classroom use featuring materials that are inexpensive and easy to find.
1. E Careers — Do students want to prepare for career that helps the environment? We’ll explore how a kid’s interests can lead to exciting environmental careers. (10:17 minutes)
2. Off the Grid — What would it be like to make your own electricity instead of buying it from a utility company? See how one family puts solar heart to work, and harness some solar power for yourself! (7:11 minutes)
3. Climate Change — Is human-caused pollution changing the Earth’s climate? Find out how lakes are supplying clues, and collect and “read” similar clues yourself. (8:51 minutes)
4. Design for the Environment — What impacts do your product choices have on the environment? Discover how to take advantage of the power of the sun in your daily life. (5.20)
5. Low Impact Living — How can we create lifestyles that are less expensive and healthier for us and the environment? Reuse and recycle everyday things—including kitchen waste—to find out. (4:08 minutes)
6. Electricity Production — How do today’s energy choices affect tomorrow’s environment? See how energy can change forms. Discover the kinds of costs involved when we harness energy and take it from one form to another. (7:39 minutes)
7. Mississippi River — What do you and your neighbors do that affects the quality of the water you drink? Chart a watershed in your area and learn where your community’s drinking water comes from. (8:08)
A Million Thanks
Instructional Video Resources
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
Lending LibraryAccess our lending library and order form for video titles for all grade levels and subject areas.
March 19 – Family Literacy Event, Cannon Ball Elementary, Cannon Ball, ND
March 20-22 – NDMEA, Bismarck, ND
March 21-22 – NDCT Math Conference, Fargo, ND
March 27 – East Regional Library Media Association, Jamestown, ND
April 3 – Family Literacy Event, Plummer, MN
April 3 – Family Literacy Event, Norman County East, Twin Valley, MN
April 3-5 – NDRA, Bismarck, ND
April 10 – 12 NDATL, Bismarck, ND
April 12 – Week of the Young Child, Moorhead Center Mall, Moorhead, MN
April 15 – Family Literacy Event, Wahepton, ND
April 24 – Family Literacy Event, Flasher, ND
April 24 - Family Literacy Event, Horace Mann Elementary, Fargo, ND
May 1 – Family Literacy Event, Park River, ND
May 7 – Family Literacy Event, Standing Rock Elementary School, Fort Yates, ND
May 8 – Family Literacy Event, Burlington, ND
May 28 – Family Literacy Event, Ada, MN