Length: 15 min.
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Images of America
American life is a blend of many diverse styles and tastes. These five programs explore the way five common areas (dress, city life, sports, food, and war) have changed, been influenced, and been depicted in our lives.
1. Dress — Dress has changed through the years under the influences of transportation, sports, wars, inventions, and fads of all kinds. Dress also reflects the differences in men and women’s roles in society.
2. City — City life impacts our everyday existence. This program encourages students to think about how cities have shaped our lives throughout history and to consider what cities might be like in the future.
3. Food — The availability, preferences and choices of food have reflected and shaped American history, as well as being crucial in all of our lives.
4. Sports — Sporting activities reflect many of the major themes in American society, including attitudes about competition and the roles of men and women.
5. War — In this program depictions of war by American artists are shown as the narrator explains how the various representations influenced national attitudes.
A Million Thanks
Instructional Video Resources
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
Lending LibraryAccess our lending library and order form for video titles for all grade levels and subject areas.
April 24 - Family Literacy Event, Horace Mann Elementary, Fargo, ND
May 1 – Family Literacy Event, Park River, ND
May 7 – Family Literacy Event, Standing Rock Elementary School, Fort Yates, ND
May 8 – Family Literacy Event, Burlington, ND
May 28 – Family Literacy Event, Ada, MN