Length: 15 min.
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Images of America
American life is a blend of many diverse styles and tastes. These five programs explore the way five common areas (dress, city life, sports, food, and war) have changed, been influenced, and been depicted in our lives.
1. Dress — Dress has changed through the years under the influences of transportation, sports, wars, inventions, and fads of all kinds. Dress also reflects the differences in men and women’s roles in society.
2. City — City life impacts our everyday existence. This program encourages students to think about how cities have shaped our lives throughout history and to consider what cities might be like in the future.
3. Food — The availability, preferences and choices of food have reflected and shaped American history, as well as being crucial in all of our lives.
4. Sports — Sporting activities reflect many of the major themes in American society, including attitudes about competition and the roles of men and women.
5. War — In this program depictions of war by American artists are shown as the narrator explains how the various representations influenced national attitudes.
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
These programs have been dropped from the Instructional Resources offerings.
Sign up for our monthly e-Newsletter to learn about new programs, classroom resources, and professional development opportunities!
June - Tri-City Technology Conference in Fargo, North Dakota
June - North Dakota Geographic Alliance Conference in Grand Forks, North Dakota
June 8 - Share a Story event at Rheault Farm from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm
June 14 - Midwest Kids at Island Park in Fargo, North Dakota from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
June 25-26 - Prairie Region Teacher Training Institute in Moorhead, Minnesota at Concordia College