Length: 9-27 min.
Kindegarten, 1, 2, 3
Language Arts and Literature
Scholastic ETV Consortium
Scholastic Families/Feelings/Friendship Series Vol. 2
Dive into the wonderful world of Scholastic with this series that tells tales of family, emotional struggles that children sometimes face and the triumphs of true friendship. This series follows Volume 1 and is a great addition to your library.
1. Angus Lost — Angus, a very curious and clever Scottish terrier, sets out on a series of adventures after wandering away from home. (11:13) Study Guide
2. Cannonball — Hugo the clown and a poor homeless dog come to each other’s aid at opportune times in this tale of friendship. Hugo adopts the dog, and the pup helps Hugo develop a new circus act – earning the name “Cannonball” in the process. (27:51) Study Guide
3. How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? — Few words pack a lot of punch in this delightful story about bedtime rituals. There will be no pouting or shouting or moping or moaning when the lights go out because dinosaur kids everywhere will want to see this production again and again. (7:26) Study Guide
4. I Love You Like Crazy Cakes — Based on the author’s arduous trip to China to adopt a baby girl, this is the heartwarming story of a mother’s love and a baby’s smile as they become each other’s family. Narrated by Mia Farrow. (8:19) Study Guide
5. Let’s Give Kitty a Bath — Two bored children looking for something to do decide that the family cat could use a bath. But the cat has very different ideas. (11:49) Study Guide
6. The Marzipan Pig — A lonely, lost marzipan pig reaches out with love, in a strange chain of events, to an owl, a mouse and a hibiscus flower. Narrated by Tim Curry. (26:32) Study Guide
7. Mouse Around — A small mouse is accidentally carried away from his family and friends. Does he find his way home and if so, how? A delightful “tail” with the theme “there’s no place like home.” (12:59) Study Guide
8. Space Case — Funny things happen when a creature from outer space visits Earth on Halloween. This zany story of a small space traveler and the young boy he befriends is vividly brought to life through lively animation and an upbeat musical score. Narrated by Christopher Lloyd. (13:34) Study Guide CC
9. Too Many Tamales — Everyone is coming for Christmas dinner at Maria’s house. She and her mother prepare by kneading the “masa” to make tamales. How many can you eat? (12:36) Study Guide CC
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
These programs have been dropped from the Instructional Resources offerings.
Sign up for our monthly e-Newsletter to learn about new programs, classroom resources, and professional development opportunities!
June 14 - Midwest KidsFest at Island Park in Fargo, North Dakota from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
June 25-26 - Prairie Region Teacher Training Institute in Moorhead, Minnesota at Concordia College