Length: 6-13 min.
Kindegarten, 1, 2
Language Arts and Literature
Scholastic ETV Consortium
Scholastic Seasons and Nature Series
This literature series produced by Scholastic Inc. encourages students to read with a greater appreciation for literature. These timeless classics are based upon renowned award-winning books.
1. Brave Irene — Irene summons up all her courage in the face of a fierce snowstorm when her mother falls ill and Irene must deliver a ball gown to the duchess. (12:51) Study Guide
2. The Caterpillar and the Polliwog — Impressed by the proud caterpillar’s boast that she will turn into a butterfly when she grows up, a polliwog determines to watch the caterpillar very carefully and turn into a butterfly too. (7:12)
3. Goose — A baby goose, adopted at birth by a family of woodchucks, feels like an outcast in everything she does until she discovers all by herself that she can fly. Narrated by Laura Dern. (6:29)
4. Henry Hikes to Fitchburg — It isn’t how fast you get someplace, but what you do along the way: that’s the philosophy behind this story about two friends who agree to meet 30 miles away in Fitchburg. In this story inspired by Thoreau’s Walden, Henry elects to take a very long nature walk, while his friend chooses to work to earn his train fare. A step-lively narration by James Naughton and music to hike to make this journey fun and thought-provoking too. (11:25)
5. Owl Moon — A young child and her father search the moonlit woods for the Great Horned Owl. (7:46) Study Guide
6. The Snowy Day — A small boy’s enchantment with a city’s snowfall has him making snow angels and snowballs, sliding down snow mountains – and looking forward to going outside again. (5:55) Study Guide
A Million Thanks
Instructional Video Resources
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
Lending LibraryAccess our lending library and order form for video titles for all grade levels and subject areas.
Find Us at the Following Events:
Feb. 19-22: ND Counseling Assoc., Bismarck.
Feb. 22: The Stars of PBS at MSUM Planetarium (featuring Daniel Tiger & Sesame Street), 1-5.
Feb. 23-24: STEM workshops, Ft. Yates.
Feb. 26: Public Media Day at the Capitol, Bismarck.
March 3: Lewis & Clark School Reading Night, Fargo.
March 7: “SciGirls” day-long teacher training event, Prairie Public studio, Fargo.
March 20-21: ND Council of Teachers of Mathematics and ND Science Teachers Assoc., Bismarck.
March 25-28: ND Assoc. of Secondary School Principals, Bismarck.
March 26: Family Literacy Event, Rolette, ND.
March 26-28: ND Music Educators Assoc., Bismarck.
March 30: Family Literacy Event, Warwick, ND
March 31: Family Literacy Event, Devils Lake.
April 14: Family Literacy Event, Wahpeton-Breckenridge.
April 20: Family Literacy Event, Tate Topa, ND.
April 20: Family Literacy Event, Osgood, ND.
April 21: Family Literacy Event, Minnewaukan, ND.
April 23: Family Literacy Event, Dakota Prairie, McVille, ND.
April 23-25: NDRA Reading Conference, Minot.
May 29-31: Family Literacy Event at Devils Run, Devils Lake.
JUNE 6: SHARE-A-STORY LITERACY EVENT, Rheault Farm, Fargo.