Length: 6-13 min.
Kindegarten, 1, 2
Language Arts and Literature
Scholastic ETV Consortium
Scholastic Seasons and Nature Series
This literature series produced by Scholastic Inc. encourages students to read with a greater appreciation for literature. These timeless classics are based upon renowned award-winning books.
1. Brave Irene — Irene summons up all her courage in the face of a fierce snowstorm when her mother falls ill and Irene must deliver a ball gown to the duchess. (12:51) Study Guide
2. The Caterpillar and the Polliwog — Impressed by the proud caterpillar’s boast that she will turn into a butterfly when she grows up, a polliwog determines to watch the caterpillar very carefully and turn into a butterfly too. (7:12)
3. Goose — A baby goose, adopted at birth by a family of woodchucks, feels like an outcast in everything she does until she discovers all by herself that she can fly. Narrated by Laura Dern. (6:29)
4. Henry Hikes to Fitchburg — It isn’t how fast you get someplace, but what you do along the way: that’s the philosophy behind this story about two friends who agree to meet 30 miles away in Fitchburg. In this story inspired by Thoreau’s Walden, Henry elects to take a very long nature walk, while his friend chooses to work to earn his train fare. A step-lively narration by James Naughton and music to hike to make this journey fun and thought-provoking too. (11:25)
5. Owl Moon — A young child and her father search the moonlit woods for the Great Horned Owl. (7:46) Study Guide
6. The Snowy Day — A small boy’s enchantment with a city’s snowfall has him making snow angels and snowballs, sliding down snow mountains – and looking forward to going outside again. (5:55) Study Guide
A Million Thanks
Instructional Video Resources
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
Lending LibraryAccess our lending library and order form for video titles for all grade levels and subject areas.
March 19 – Family Literacy Event, Cannon Ball Elementary, Cannon Ball, ND
March 20-22 – NDMEA, Bismarck, ND
March 21-22 – NDCT Math Conference, Fargo, ND
March 27 – East Regional Library Media Association, Jamestown, ND
April 3 – Family Literacy Event, Plummer, MN
April 3 – Family Literacy Event, Norman County East, Twin Valley, MN
April 3-5 – NDRA, Bismarck, ND
April 10 – 12 NDATL, Bismarck, ND
April 12 – Week of the Young Child, Moorhead Center Mall, Moorhead, MN
April 15 – Family Literacy Event, Wahepton, ND
April 24 – Family Literacy Event, Flasher, ND
April 24 - Family Literacy Event, Horace Mann Elementary, Fargo, ND
May 1 – Family Literacy Event, Park River, ND
May 7 – Family Literacy Event, Standing Rock Elementary School, Fort Yates, ND
May 8 – Family Literacy Event, Burlington, ND
May 28 – Family Literacy Event, Ada, MN