Science K-6: Investigating Classrooms
Science K-6: Investigating Classrooms shows how teachers are incorporating genuine inquiry into their classes. See experienced teachers create supportive learning environments, structure small groups for cooperative learning and draw out and interpret what students are thinking and learning. Classroom and discussion videos cover grades K-2, 3-4 and 5-6.
1. Introduction — Provides an overview of the library.
2. Food for Thought — A fifth-grade class in Huntsville, Alabama explores food chemistry. (50 min.)
3. Completing the Circuit — A fourth-grade class in Castro Valley, California investigates electrical circuits. (50 min.)
4. All Sorts of Leaves — A first-grade class in Boynton Beach, Florida studies biodiversity by taking a close look at leaves. (50 min.)
5. Food for Thought: A Conversation About Teaching — Practicing teachers and science education professionals reflect on the issues raised in Food for Thought. (55 min.)
6. Completing the Circuit: A Conversation About Teaching — Practicing teachers and science education professionals reflect on the issues raised in Completing the Circuit. (55 min.)
7. All Sorts of Leaves: A Conversation About Teaching — Practicing teachers and science education professionals reflect on the issues raised in All Sorts of Leaves. (55 min.)
8. Teacher Workshop — Sixteen inservice teachers engage in professional development using Completing the Circuit. (40 min.)
9. Parents Open House — Teachers, parents and administrators discuss how different today’s classroom science looks from that of the past. (25 min.)
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
These programs have been dropped from the Instructional Resources offerings.
Sign up for our monthly e-Newsletter to learn about new programs, classroom resources, and professional development opportunities!
June - Tri-City Technology Conference in Fargo, North Dakota
June 8 - Share a Story event at Rheault Farm from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm
June 14 - Midwest KidsFest at Island Park in Fargo, North Dakota from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
June 25-26 - Prairie Region Teacher Training Institute in Moorhead, Minnesota at Concordia College