Science K-6: Investigating Classrooms
Science K-6: Investigating Classrooms shows how teachers are incorporating genuine inquiry into their classes. See experienced teachers create supportive learning environments, structure small groups for cooperative learning and draw out and interpret what students are thinking and learning. Classroom and discussion videos cover grades K-2, 3-4 and 5-6.
1. Introduction — Provides an overview of the library.
2. Food for Thought — A fifth-grade class in Huntsville, Alabama explores food chemistry. (50 min.)
3. Completing the Circuit — A fourth-grade class in Castro Valley, California investigates electrical circuits. (50 min.)
4. All Sorts of Leaves — A first-grade class in Boynton Beach, Florida studies biodiversity by taking a close look at leaves. (50 min.)
5. Food for Thought: A Conversation About Teaching — Practicing teachers and science education professionals reflect on the issues raised in Food for Thought. (55 min.)
6. Completing the Circuit: A Conversation About Teaching — Practicing teachers and science education professionals reflect on the issues raised in Completing the Circuit. (55 min.)
7. All Sorts of Leaves: A Conversation About Teaching — Practicing teachers and science education professionals reflect on the issues raised in All Sorts of Leaves. (55 min.)
8. Teacher Workshop — Sixteen inservice teachers engage in professional development using Completing the Circuit. (40 min.)
9. Parents Open House — Teachers, parents and administrators discuss how different today’s classroom science looks from that of the past. (25 min.)
A Million Thanks
Instructional Video Resources
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
Lending LibraryAccess our lending library and order form for video titles for all grade levels and subject areas.
Click on the image to download the activity guide for One World, One Sky or visit our STEM Kids page for more activites.
March 4 – Master Teacher Training – Fargo, ND
March 4 - Valley – Edinburg Family Literacy Event- Hoople, ND
March 20-22 – NDMEA, Bismarck, ND