Teaching High School Science
Asking questions, making discoveries, gathering data, analyzing explanations and communicating scientific arguments are key ingredients in a classroom where vibrant inquiry is taking place. The Teaching High School Science library will help new and veteran science teachers integrate national science standards and inquiry learning into their curricula. Showing science classrooms around the country, the modules cover topics in life science, physical science, Earth and space science and integrated science. They also show a range of teaching techniques and student/teacher interaction.
1. Introduction — A very brief explanation of the program. Length: 0:09:44
2. Thinking Like Scientists — Classroom footage and new footage of scientists in the field explain and illustrate the concept of inquiry. Length: 0:26:43
3. Chemical Reactions — Students in a ninth-grade Principles of Science and Technology class formulate and explore their own questions about a chemical reaction. Length: 0:46:14
4. Investigating Crickets — Ninth-grade biology students design and conduct experiments about crickets. Length: 0:54:27
5. Exploring Mars — Students in an 11th-grade integrated science class explore how the Mars landscape may have formed. Length: 0:43:51
6. The Physics of Optics — An 11th- and 12th-grade physics class looks at light, lenses, and the human eye. Length: 0:54:33
A Million Thanks
Instructional Video Resources
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
Lending LibraryAccess our lending library and order form for video titles for all grade levels and subject areas.
Find Us at the Following Events:
March 25-28: ND Assoc. of Secondary School Principals, Bismarck.
March 26: Family Literacy Event, Rolette, ND.
March 26-28: ND Music Educators Assoc., Bismarck.
March 30: Family Literacy Event, Warwick, ND
April 10: Family Literacy Event, Devils Lake.
April 14: Family Literacy Event, Wahpeton-Breckenridge.
April 16-18: ND STEM Network Conference, Fargo, ND.
April 20: Family Literacy Event, Tate Topa, ND.
April 21: Family Literacy Event, Minnewaukan, ND.
April 23: Family Literacy Event, Dakota Prairie, McVille, ND.
April 23-25: NDRA Reading Conference, Minot.
April 28: Family Literacy Event, Flasher, ND.
April 30: Family Literacy Event, SENDCAA, Fargo, ND.
May 29-31: Family Literacy Event at Devils Run, Devils Lake.
JUNE 6: SHARE-A-STORY LITERACY EVENT, Rheault Farm, Fargo.