Length: 85 min.
6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
100 Years, 100 Events Series
Broken into timelines, by decade, this series encompasses a 100 year span of history by focusing on only the most notable wars, politics, tragedies, achievements, influences, events and people of the 20th Century.
1. 1900′s – This episode includes the World Exhibition in Paris, the death of Queen Victoria, the Wright brothers, the earthquake in San Francisco, Rasputin and the Romanovs, and suffragette demonstrations. Length: 0:50:12
2. 1910′s – Events include the race to the South Pole, the maiden voyage of the Titanic, the German Kaiser, World War I, the Russian October Revolution, the revolution in Germany, and the Treaty of Versailles. Length: 1:06:52
3. 1920′s – Prominent events include the beginning of Prohibition, the excavation of Tutankhamen, the rise of Mussolini, Hitler, Stalin, and Lenin, the entertainment of Charlie Chaplin and Josephine Baker, Lindbergh’s flight across the Atlantic, the discovery of penicillin, and the crash of the US Stock Market. Length: 1:23:08
4. 1930′s – This episode covers the work of Ghandi, the rise of Mao, the end of the Weimar Republic and Hitler’s seizure of power, the feats of Jesse Owens, the Spanish Civil War, the dictatorship of Stalin, the explosion of the Hindenburg, Hitler’s Progom and his attack on Poland. Length: 1:31:26
5. 1940′s – Events include the attacks on Pearl Harbor and Russia, D-Day, death camps and the extermination of Jews, the bombing of Hiroshima, the Nuremberg Trials, aid shipment for Berlin, the division of the East and West German States, and the fight for Jerusalem. Length: 1:48:00
6. 1950′s – This disc includes political events such as Churchill’s comeback, the upheaval in East Germany, nuclear testing on Bikini Island, anti-Communist protests in Hungary, and the Cuban Revolution as well as the first ascent of Mount Everest, the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, and popular icons Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley. Length: 1:24:00
7. 1960′s – Topics include Adolf Eichmann, the Berlin Wall, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the assassination of US President Kennedy, political conflict in Czechoslovakia, Israel, and Vietnam as well as the iconic figures of Cassius Clay, the Beatles, and Neil Armstrong. Length: 1:40:00
8. 1970′s – Events include the ongoing war in Vietnam, the 1972 Munich Olympics murders, the Watergate Scandal and resignation of President Nixon, the hijacking of Lufthansa, the Islamic Revolution in Iran, and the first test-tube baby. Length: 1:22:28
9. 1980′s – This episode covers Lech Walesa and the Solidarity movement in Poland, the assassination attempt on Pope John Paul II, the Falklands War, the AIDS epidemic, Space Shuttle Challenger explosion, the Chernobyl disaster, and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Length: 1:23:35
10. 1990′s – This disc covers the reunification of Germany, the first Gulf War, political and humanitarian events in Bosnia and Somalia, political figures Nelson Mandela and Yitzhak Rabin as well as the death of Princess Diana and the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal. Length: 1:25:00
A Million Thanks
Instructional Video Resources
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
Lending LibraryAccess our lending library and order form for video titles for all grade levels and subject areas.
September 17-20 NDLA – Bismarck, ND
September 27 ND Kinder Assoc. – Minot, ND
October 16-17 NDCEL – Bismarck, ND
October 8-10 ND Title I – Bismarck, ND
October 13-14 NDATL – Minot, ND
October 16-17 NDCEL – Bismarck, ND
October 20-22 NETA – Dallas
October 24-25 NDAEYC – Grand Forks, ND
October 27-28 NESC – Devils Lake, ND