Length: 30 min.
A Place of Our Own
Family, friends and neighbors – everyone who takes care of young children – are child care providers. Every interaction and every activity of these adults with their charges provide valuable opportunities to help children learn and grow. A Place of Our Own shares ways for us all to help children acquire cognitive, social, emotional and physical skills, as well as nurture language and literacy development. In A Place of Our Own we highlight local and state resources for child care providers and the children in their care. We understand the complexity of America’s diverse population and represent a broad spectrum of ethnic communities and a wide range of children with special needs.
1. Family Literacy
2. Family Literacy
3. Family Literacy
4. Family Literacy
5. Family Literacy
6. Age-Appropriate Play
7. Exercising for Life
8. Special Needs
9. Week in Review (Second-hand Smoke)
10. The Power of Play
12. Planning Healthy Meals
13. The Importance of Music
14. Week in Review (A Day in the Life of a Child Care provider)
15. Brain Development: The Early Years
16. Television & Learning
17. The Circle of Care
18. Recognizing Special Needs
19. Week in Review (Organizing Time)
20. Positive Discipline
21. Print Rich Development
22. Attachment and Bonding
23. Managing Anxiety
24. Week in Review (Top 5 Child Care Health Issues)
25. Reading to Infants
26. Writing Names
27. Discovering Science
28. Social Studies
29. Week in Review (Communicating with Parents)
30. Ages & Stages: Birth to 12 Months
31. Creating a Positive Environment
32. Kids & Diabetes
33. Speech & Language Delays
34. Week in Review (Lead Poisoning)
35. Family Literacy
36. Ages & Stages: 1-2
37. The Importance of Storytelling
38. Low Cost Health Services
39. Positive Discipline
40. Week in Review (Earned Income Tax Credits)
41. Ages & Stages: 2-3
42. Science in Your Home
43. Stress & Your Child
45. Week in Review (Tooth Decay)
46. Ages & Stages: 3-4
47. Coping with Traumatic Events
48. Computers for Learning
49. Managing Disruptive Behavior
50. Week in Review (Child-Proofing Your Home)
51. Ages & Stages: 4-5
52. Parent Activism
53. Preventing Obesity
54. Visual Impairments
55. Week in Review (Emergencies on the Road)
56. Math Activities
57. Literacy Activities
58. Helping a Child Who’s Being Picked On
60. Week in Review (Family and Medical Leave Act)
61. Social Development
62. Teachable Moments
63. Importance of Art Activities
64. At-Home Activities
65. Week in Review (First Aid Kit)
66. How to Handle a Bully
67. Hearing Impairments
68. Overweight Child
69. Setting up a Small Space
70. Week in Review (Schedules for Kids of Different Ages)
71. Using Praise and Encouragement Effectively
72. Kitchen Science
73. Learning Through the Senses
74. Me and My Family: Importance of Family
75. Week in Review
76. Encouraging Honesty in Your Child
77. Building Vocabulary
78. Rough and Tumble Play
79. Most Common Types of Special Needs
80. Week in Review
81. Stress and Brain Development
82. Using Television & Internet Wisely
83. Navigating Early Care and Education
84. Touch Matters
85. Week in Review
86. Are You Encouraging Your Child to Whine?
87. Everyday Math: Much More than Numbers
88. Getting Out and About
89. Caregiver Educaiton
90. Week in Review
91. Coping with Military Deployment
92. Encourage Problem Solving
93. Learning to Care for the Earth (Our Planet)
94. Saying Goodbye
95. Week in Review
96. Promoting Resilience
97. Drawing and Literacy
98. Turning Your Child into an Investigator
99. Helping Your Child Through a Loss
100. Week in Review
101. Why Social Skills Matter
103. Helping Kids Be WIld About Books
104. Supporting The English Learner
105. Auditory Processing Disorder
106. Week in Review
107. Helping Children Retell and Act Out
108. Poetry and Language
109. Cooking to Learn
110. How to be an Advocate for Your Children
111. Week in Review
112. Talking Back Childhood
114. Caring for Boys v. Girls
115. How Sensory Issues Affect Your Children
116. Week in Review
117. How Words Can Affect Children
118. Speech & Language Development
119. Interactive Language
121. Week in Review
122. Coping with Economic Insecurities (Emotional)
123. Financial Tips to Help Families Cope
124. Trimming Your Family’s Food Budget
125. Coping with Economic Insecurities (Care Provider)
126. Week in Review
127. Emotional Literacy
128. Activity Special
129. Environments that Encourage Positive Behavior
130. Impulse Behavior
131. Week in Review
A Million Thanks
Instructional Video Resources
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
Lending LibraryAccess our lending library and order form for video titles for all grade levels and subject areas.
Find Us at the Following Events:
March 25-28: ND Assoc. of Secondary School Principals, Bismarck.
March 26: Family Literacy Event, Rolette, ND.
March 26-28: ND Music Educators Assoc., Bismarck.
March 30: Family Literacy Event, Warwick, ND
April 10: Family Literacy Event, Devils Lake.
April 14: Family Literacy Event, Wahpeton-Breckenridge.
April 16-18: ND STEM Network Conference, Fargo, ND.
April 20: Family Literacy Event, Tate Topa, ND.
April 21: Family Literacy Event, Minnewaukan, ND.
April 23: Family Literacy Event, Dakota Prairie, McVille, ND.
April 23-25: NDRA Reading Conference, Minot.
April 28: Family Literacy Event, Flasher, ND.
April 30: Family Literacy Event, SENDCAA, Fargo, ND.
May 29-31: Family Literacy Event at Devils Run, Devils Lake.
JUNE 6: SHARE-A-STORY LITERACY EVENT, Rheault Farm, Fargo.