Length: 30 min.
Kindegarten, Kindergarten, 1, 2, 3, 4
Signing Time Official Website
Signing Time’s multi-sensory approach encourages learning through three senses — visual, auditory and kinesthetic — and reaches children with diverse learning styles and abilities by encouraging interaction through signing, singing, speaking and dancing.
1. My First Signs – Three-year-old Alex and his four-year-old cousin Leah, who is deaf, along with host Rachel Coleman (Leah’s mom), teach beginning American Sign Language (ASL) signs.
2. Playtime Signs – Alex, Leah, and Rachel teach ASL signs related to sharing, toys, manners, and more.
3. Everyday Signs – Alex, Leah, and Rachel teach ASL signs for the things children see, do and experience every day.
4. Family, Feelings, and Fun – Alex, Leah, and Rachel teach ASL signs for family members, feelings, and things outside.
5. ABC Signs – Alex, Leah, their frog Hopkins, and Rachel teach the alphabet in American Sign Language.
6. My Favorite Things – Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel teach ASL signs for colors of the rainbow, fruits and vegetables, and physical activities.
7. Leah’s Farm – Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel teach ASL signs for farm animals.
8. The Great Outdoors – Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel teach ASL signs for animals, bugs, activities and objects one would encounter in the woods or a backyard.
9. The Zoo Train – Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel teach ASL signs for animals often seen at the zoo.
10. My Day – Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel teach ASL signs for daily activities.
11. My Neighborhood – Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel teach ASL signs for playground activities, vehicles, places to go and people to see in a neighborhood.
12. Time to Eat – Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel invite viewers to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Signs and songs for cooking, eating, setting the table, and favorite foods are taught.
13. Welcome to School – Alex and Leah head off to school as they teach signs and sing songs about things to do and see in the classroom.
14. Nice to Meet You – Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel teach signs and phrases that viewers can use to meet and greet new friends.
15. Happy Birthday to You – It’s Leah’s birthday, and Alex, Leah, Hopkins, Rachel invite viewers to Leah’s birthday party, where they learn signs and phrases for all the birthday fun.
16. Move and Groove – Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel teach viewers signs for all the different ways to move their bodies.
17. My Favorite Season – Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel take viewers on a signing journey through the seasons.
18. Going Outside – Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel teach viewers signs for things in nature.
19. Days of the Week – The Signing Time friends teach viewers to sign all seven days of the week.
20. My Favorite Sport – Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel teach viewers signs for things related to sports.
21. My House - Alex, Leah, Hopkins and Rachel take a singing and signing tour of the rooms and objects in a house.
22. My Things – Alex, Leah and Hopkins teach signs for the things in the treehouse and return every toy to its “right place.”
23. Helping Out Around the House – Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel teach viewers signs for household chores.
24. Once Upon a Time - The Signing Time friends discover the joy of books through songs and signs.
25. Box of Crayons – Alex, Leah, Hopkins, and Rachel teach the signs for colors like pink, orange, purple and green.
26. Who has the frog? – Alex and Leah can’t find Hopkins, so they go on a journey to find him. During this journey Alex, Leah, and Rachel teach viewers how to sign question words like “who,” “what,” “where,” “when,” and “how.”
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
These programs have been dropped from the Instructional Resources offerings.
Sign up for our monthly e-Newsletter to learn about new programs, classroom resources, and professional development opportunities!
Assignment: The World has been discontinued by the producer and is no longer available for broadcast.
June 25-26 - Prairie Region Teacher Training Institute in Moorhead, Minnesota at Concordia College