Using iTunes Radio: 5 Easy Steps
NOTE: This is a quick-tip guide. iTunes Radio is designed to be relatively user friendly, but here are a few extra tips.
1. Finding your station in iTunes Radio*
You will mostly likely come to listen to your iTunes Radio stream in one of two ways:
- Click on a banner promoting the station stream in iTunes Radio. Once you’re playing the stream, it will automatically be saved as one of your “My Stations” favorites in iTunes Radio. You’ll now have easy and immediate access the next time you use iTunes Radio.
- Go directly to iTunes Radio and search for your station stream. Search keywords – Prairie Public, NPR, News. The search results will deliver Prairie Public’s stream or a list of results that narrows the field so you can find us.
2. Where to listen to iTunes Radio
You can listen to iTunes Radio on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, or Apple TV. (also, see #5 below for what you must have to use iTunes Radio)
On iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Open the Music app and select the Radio tab.
On Mac and PC
Open iTunes, go to your music library, and select Radio from the toolbar.
On Apple TV
Select iTunes Radio from the home screen.
3. How to find a station in iTunes Radio
Use the search field at the top of the screen to find a station. Search by using Stream Title keywords – Prairie Public, NPR, News, or location.
4. How to customize your favorites in iTunes Radio
Your favorites will appear in “My Stations.” To add, delete, or reorder stations, go to Edit Stations.
5. What you MUST have to use iTunes Radio
To use iTunes Radio, you must have iOS 7 or OS X Lion v10.7 or later, iTunes 11.1, or Apple TV 6.0 or later installed on your device or computer as well as an Apple ID for use in the iTunes Store.
FOR ADDITIONAL HELP – BEST TO TAP INTO APPLE: