Prairie PulseCategory: Public Affairs
Tune in: Fridays at 7:30 pm
Encore: Sundays at 12:30 pm
- December 1: PBS Kids Go! Writers Contest winners Caleigh Gabriel and Vivi Allosso are interviewed. Musical performance from the Ogg Creek String Band.
- December 13: 4 former members of Hutterite colonies near Brandon, Manitoba and Grand Forks talk about leaving the colonies and the oppressive nature of the colony. Jason, Junia, Cindy and Rodney Waldner are interviewed. They and 5 other ex Hutterites have written a book called “Hutterites”.
- December 20: Robin Nelson, Executive Director of the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Red River Valley/Fargo Youth Commission talks about the various programs her organization has that impact children. Also, Minneapolis Singer/Songwriter Keri Noble performs Christmas music.
- December 27: Andrea Winkjer Collin is the Editor of North Dakota Horizons Magazine. She talks about her magazine, it’s history and the stories they cover. Also, Poetryoutloud finalist Reed Wagner of Bismarck is profiled.
- January 3: Travis Christopher is the new CEO of the Boys Scouts of America Northern Lights Council chapter. He talks about membership, programs and other events affiliated with boy scouts. Also, a musical performance from the Deb Jenkins Band.
- January 10: Former Fargo Forum Photographer Bruce Crummy talks about his new coffee table, photo book called “North Dakota Region” which has many of his acclaimed photographs in it. Also, Jerry Jacobson of Vergas, Minnesota talks about making Maple Syrup.
- January 17: Winnipeg teen author Shaylynn Wilbon talks about her new book “This I Promise” which is a teen fantasy book. Also, a musical performance from Twin Cities Reggae band Jon Wayne and the Pain.
Miss an episode?
If you missed an episode of Prairie Pulse, visit our new Prairie Public On Demand streaming video service to catch up on programs you may have missed.