Job Opportunities at Prairie Public
Business Development Representative (Fargo, ND)
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for securing funders for Prairie Public’s services (radio, TV, digital, and events) to meet revenue goals. This role will manage, develop, and grow funding from new and existing clients. This role will also assist with other development and marketing activities covering the Eastern North Dakota and Western Minnesota coverage area.
This is an outside sales position which requires approximately 75% of the time be spent engaged in sales and prospecting activity during the day. The business development representative is expected to maintain a workflow of 10-12 out-of-office appointments or meaningful sales communications per week. This is a salary plus commission and bonus position with a generous benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate revenue through identifying and securing radio, TV, digital, and event sales
- Manage a portfolio of underwriting and sponsorship clients
- Research, identify and cultivate new sponsorship prospects
- Cultivate positive client connections, as well as advertising agencies, to help create lasting relationships
- Work with clients to produce underwriting credits and or web ads
- Monitor accounts receivable and create plans for collections
- Work closely with programming departments to ensure fulfillment of contracts
- Assure compliance with FCC and organizations underwriting guidelines and copy standards that maintain a positive audience experience
- Represent the station in the business community
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- A background in sales, fundraising, communications or related discipline preferred.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Have a passion for Prairie Public and public media.
- Knowledge of marketing, advertising, and media sales. Bonus if you have experience with Nielsen, Arbitron, and/or Scarborough.
- CRM experience preferred, with Allegiance and ProTrack a plus. Good working knowledge of PCs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and mail merge function.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines. Strong attention to detail with ability to analyze and resolve problems. Should be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Must be able to professionally represent Prairie Public to sponsors and the public through outstanding written, oral, and personal communications skills. Must be personable, professional, and enjoy dealing with people.
- Occasional mornings, evenings and weekends required; flexibility is a must. Occasional travel throughout sales region.
- Should be able to lift boxes up to 25-30 pounds and needs manual dexterity for data entry duties.
- Must exercise discretion with highly confidential and sensitive information.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to HR@prairiepublic.org, or mail to:
Prairie Public Broadcasting
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 3240
Fargo, ND 58108-3240
Prairie Public staff take pride in our service, expressing it through honesty and accuracy, a strong work ethic, teamwork, workplace diversity, effective stewardship of gifts and talents, and good humor.
Download the Prairie Public employment application.
Download the Prairie Public employment application for gaming applicants.
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer