Job Opportunities at Prairie Public
Community Engagement Coordinator (Fargo, ND)
Prairie Public Broadcasting seeks a full-time Community Engagement Coordinator based in its downtown Fargo office.
The Community Engagement Coordinator represents Prairie Public and advances its mission to educate, involve, and inspire the people of the prairie region through its radio, television, education, and outreach services. Prairie Public is committed to respect for the individual and our audience, to lifelong learning, and civil discourse—expressing it through honesty and accuracy, a strong work ethic, teamwork, workplace diversity, effective stewardship of gifts and talents, and good humor.
The Community Engagement Coordinator represents Prairie Public at outreach activities; answers questions, resolves problems, and acknowledges phone calls, mail, and email; and effectively collects information and disseminates it to listing services, the public, the media, and staff about Prairie Public programming and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, promote, and attend public outreach events—coordinating with the development, television, radio, and education staff. Capture and post on social media still photos and/or video with creative descriptions at and after events. Working outside typical office hours and on weekends is sometimes required, as is occasional travel within the Prairie Public broadcast area.
- Build partnerships to encourage good will and reciprocity. Develop audiences through effective communications and outreach. Help to create a lively, positive work environment.
- Assist with internal and external communications by generating messages consistent to strategic communication plans. Advance cross promotion and intra- office interaction through regular communications with all departments. Take and distribute minutes from the monthly communication meeting. Write and distribute the monthly staff e-newsletter.
- Respond to viewer, listener, and member inquiries cheerfully and knowledgably via phone calls, mail, email, and social media. Maintain record of interactions and provide reports as requested.
- Serve as the primary contact for listing services. Prepare and distribute the monthly television program schedule and follow up when necessary. Other duties as assigned.
- Should be able to carry boxes of materials. Be thoroughly familiar with Prairie Public’s television and radio programming and services. Represent Prairie Public at events and meetings.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree or 1-2 years of experience in a related field. Beneficial to have experience with the public, as well as training in customer service.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Should be personable, friendly, and tactful. Must project a professional appearance when representing Prairie Public Broadcasting. Excellent written communication skills are necessary, as are excellent oral communication and phone skills required in dealing with callers. Should be a self-starter and able to work independently, but also amiable and willing to work with a creative team. Flexibility is a must.
This is a full-time, benefited position. Position is open until filled.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to HR@prairiepublic.org, or mail to:
Prairie Public Broadcasting
207 N 5th St.
PO Box 3240
Fargo, ND 58108-3240
Prairie Public staff take pride in our service, expressing it through honesty and accuracy, a strong work ethic, teamwork, workplace diversity, effective stewardship of gifts and talents, and good humor.
Download the Prairie Public employment application.
Download the Prairie Public employment application for gaming applicants.
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer