Job Opportunities at Prairie Public
Major Gifts Manager (Fargo, ND)
The Major Gifts Manager will develop, manage and grow Prairie Public’s major giving program and will serve as a key revenue generator of Prairie Public seeking to meet or exceed annual budget projections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors, creating and implementing personalized asks with the expectation to secure increase and renewal gifts.
- Research, identify and cultivate new major gifts prospects.
- Updates donor information including interests, strategy, and contact information for portfolio quarterly.
- Works with the director of development to execute year-round cultivation strategies to increase donor retention rates and total dollars raised.
- Makes annual donor calls on loyal donors to solicit planned gifts and share information on Prairie Public’s planned giving program.
- Stewards individual donors through personalized recognition and engagement opportunities.
- Analyzes giving trends and identifies prospective opportunities for fundraising.
- Assists in the development and implementation of year-round strategies for recognition, communication, moves management, and donor engagement with an intentional focus on the Investor’s Circle group.
- Tracks donor movement, significant activities, financial projections, and donor information in our CRM, as it relates to the portfolio.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide customer support to all members.
- Assist with donation processing and data entry, as needed.
- Assist with membership drives, as needed.
- Proofread documents as requested.
- Provide tax receipts to donors, as requested.
- Provide general filing and organization.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A background in fundraising, communications, marketing, sales or related discipline preferred.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Must exercise discretion with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Must have strong supervisory, analytical and organizational skills, and attention to detail. Good working knowledge of PCs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and mail merge function.
- Must be able to professionally represent Prairie Public to donors and the public through outstanding written, oral, and personal communications skills. Must be personable, professional, and enjoy dealing with people.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines. Strong attention to detail with ability to analyze and resolve problems. Should be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Occasional mornings, evenings and weekends required; flexibility is a must. Occasional travel throughout North Dakota and Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Should be able to lift boxes up to 25-30 pounds and needs manual dexterity for data entry duties.
This is a full-time, benefited position. Position is open until filled.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to HR@prairiepublic.org, or mail to:
Prairie Public Broadcasting
207 N 5th St.
PO Box 3240
Fargo, ND 58108-3240
Prairie Public staff take pride in our service, expressing it through honesty and accuracy, a strong work ethic, teamwork, workplace diversity, effective stewardship of gifts and talents, and good humor.
Download the Prairie Public employment application.
Download the Prairie Public employment application for gaming applicants.
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer