Job Opportunities at Prairie Public
Operations & Scheduling Coordinator (Fargo, ND)
Prairie Public Broadcasting is looking for an individual to work full-time in the Television Programming Department. This individual will coordinate details and operations for the programs that air on Prairie Public’s four program streams, including maintenance of program inventory, maintenance of database records for TV programs, and other details related to the preparation for broadcast of programs and program schedules.
The Coordinator will assist and support the Television Program Manager in the scheduling of programs and the production of monthly program grids. This individual will also participate in the departmental preparation of daily record schedules and daily broadcast logs, interact with other departments (especially Master Control), and perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Completion of two years of college or equivalent experience.
- One to two years of related experience required, broadcast traffic and operations experience preferred.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills. Must be knowledgeable and proficient in using online and offline software such as Microsoft Office and Google G-Suite, and must have the ability to learn new software quickly and efficiently.
- Very high level of attention to detail on a consistent and ongoing daily basis is crucial, as is the ability to meet strict daily deadlines.
- Must be highly organized and able to work under pressure and with limited direct supervision.
- Must have the flexibility and versatility necessary for cross-training to meet Programming Department needs.
- Must have effective communication and professional skills to interact effectively with staff, outside program suppliers, and others related to program operations.
To be considered, please submit completed employment application, cover letter, resume, and three references, to:
Prairie Public Broadcasting
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 3240
Fargo, ND 58108-3240
Prairie Public staff take pride in our service, expressing it through honesty and accuracy, a strong work ethic, teamwork, workplace diversity, effective stewardship of gifts and talents, and good humor.
Download the Prairie Public employment application.
Download the Prairie Public employment application for gaming applicants.
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer