Applications are now closed, thank you to all that applied! Awardees will be contacted by mid-December.
The Project will provide:
- A $2000 stipend for you, your school, or your organization, to pay for family engagement hours spent on the project.
- Free additional incentives for families who are selected and fully participate in filling out surveys or other means of giving feedback as part of the study.
- $1000 for an end-of-event celebration for participants.
- All resource materials, free of charge!
- Duration: 6 - 9 weeks.
- Grantees will be chosen based on geographic location, current family engagement efforts, and ability to work and communicate effectively with Prairie Public.
- Applications will be accepted until November 30, 2019.
- Grantees will chosen by mid-December, 2019.
- A portion of the funds will be given in advance of work to be done, with the remainder to be provided as the project is underway.
- Family engagement activities may begin in February 2020 and the project must be concluded by no later than April 1, 2020.
We are specifically looking for someone who can serve as a family engagement coordinator for this project. You will be expected to:
- Communicate with Prairie Public staff on a consistent and timely basis.
- Work with Prairie Public education staff to create an engagement plan that will be most effective in your community.
- Distribute available resources to families with children age 4 - 8 in the communities you serve.
- Determine which children + caregivers are willing and able to fully participate in a resource study group.
- Do weekly check-ins with the families in the study group, to:
- Encourage families to get the most use out of the resources as possible and to share their thoughts and experiences.
- Obtain feedback from the families via surveys and other means, to be determined.
- Distribute incentives to those families who fully complete the surveys or other feedback opportunities.
- Share the survey and feedback information with Prairie Public education staff and our Molly of Denali program partners.
- Plan and hold an end-of-project celebration event for all the families that received the resources.